Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
If you are receiving Intravenous (IV) Sedation as your choice of anesthesia for your procedure, it is imperative that the following rules must be followed.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for at least six (6) hours prior to your appointment.
- No smoking at least twelve (12) hours before your surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for twenty-four (24) hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow. Contact lenses, oral and facial jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office prior to your appointment.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Cooper-Newland, Dr. Demian or Dr. Thomas prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Improving Faces, Smiles, & Changing Lives
Call us with any questions or to make an appointment.713-592-9336